• One big thing for Mike Boynton in this class is to layer that backcourt. Analysts are projecting that to happen soon with recently-available Chris Harris.
(Chris) Harris, a 6-foot-3, 195-pound four-star guard out of Garland (Tex.) South, is one of the better scorers in the 2019 class, and ranks No. 129 in the 247Sports Composite and No. 112 in the Top247.
Harris would be a major get for Mike Boynton and Co. during the 2019 recruiting cycle as 1.) it give the Pokes another much-needed guard to play behind seniors Thomas Dziagwa, Lindy Waters and Curtis Jones. [GoPokes]
• What will Jim Knowles do in 2019 to help us remember why he was the answer when Glenn Spencer was let go?
Then he returns to his specific challenge.
“How much do I stay aggressive versus how much do I pull back and protect? Y’ know?” Knowles said. “That’s what’s constantly going through my mind.”
So it is improvement the Cowboys seek this spring, and balance Knowles must find. [TulsaWorld]
Is it better to take the extra safety and hope for a coverage sack or throw the extra defender into the box and force offenses into the teeth of the Cowboy defense, the secondary?
• Blondes have all the fun – a little April Fools from the Gundy Badger.
— Cowboy Football (@CowboyFB) April 1, 2019
• Some Big 12 flavor in this UCLA men’s basketball job opening. I hold the Shaka leaves and Chris Beard ends up at his alma mater in Austin.
LA Times reporting that Texas’ Shaka Smart is on the second list of men’s coaching candidates should Bruins not get their target of TCU’s Jamie Dixon or Cincinnati’s Mick Cronin.
— Brian Davis (@BDavisAAS) April 2, 2019
• Fantastic faith-based blog entry here on why read the Bible daily
Big league move here – San Diego keeping it classy.
The Padres' new Anchorman race involves mascots racing in Ron Burgundy, Champ Kind, Brian Fantana, and Brick Tamland costumes. Brick does not have a trident…yet. https://t.co/fWVH8bKhkq
— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) April 2, 2019