Mike Gundy is trying for his 100th win at Oklahoma State this weekend. That number is mind-blowing. If you would have told any of us in 2005 that Gundy would be trying for No. 100 in just 12 years, we would have lost it.
And yet here we are. Interestingly, only six other coaches have 100 or more wins with their current teams. Longevity plus success. This list is mighty impressive.
- 198 – Bill Snyder, Kansas State (25th year)
- 184 – Bob Stoops, Oklahoma (18th year)
- 147 – Gary Patterson, TCU (16th year)
- 132 – Kirk Ferentz, Iowa (18th year)
- 113 – Nick Saban, Alabama (10th year)
- 102 – Kyle Whittingham, Utah (12th year)
- 99 – Mike Gundy (12th year)
Gundy is pretty blase about the whole thing even though the former best coach in OSU history (Pat Jones) only got to 62 wins before his tenure ended.
“I don’t think [this motivates our team],” said Gundy on Monday. “These guys just live in a different world. You could ask them and I’d bet over half of them wouldn’t know.
“I’m more concerned with them focusing on what they can do to have an impact on the game, more so than that side of it. I think that’s a nice mark for Oklahoma State football and for all of us in general, but they need to get tuned in to West Virginia.”
That’s fine, but it doesn’t diminish what has been an incredible run for Gundy and OSU. The golden era of OSU football. According to this list, there are only 162 coaches who have ever won 100 games total. Ever. In college football history. Gundy is about to make it 163.
Oklahoma State-Arkansas Schedule Home and Home for 2024 and 2027
10 Thoughts on Kansas State’s 31-12 Win Over Oklahoma State
Mike Gundy Thinks He Knows What’s Going on but Is Not Alarmed About OSU
Hear What Mike Gundy Said After OSU’s 31-12 Loss to Kansas State
Mike Gundy Not Considering Change At QB in Aftermath of Kansas State Loss
The 2014 Texas-OSU Game Parallels are … Frightening
Mike Gundy is Open to Suggestions on How to Improve during Bye Week
Former Cowboy Jawun Evans Waived by Clippers, Still Owed $1.4M
Top 10 Comments: Thoughts on Gundy, Taylor Cornelius and the 2018 Season
Oklahoma State-Texas Homecoming Slated for 7 p.m. Primetime Kick in Stillwater
- Daily Bullets (Oct 12) – Great Summary of 2018 Cowboy Football, Offensive Line Fixable, Joe Bob in Love on
- Mike Yurcich Says Taylor Cornelius ‘Didn’t Play Very Well’ against K-State on
- Mike Gundy is Open to Suggestions on How to Improve during Bye Week on
- The 2014 Texas-OSU Game Parallels are … Frightening on
- Kansas State Debriefing: OSU Off to Worst Big 12 Start since 2005 on