1. Bob Knight looks about as excited to be at this game as I was to help my wife wrap Christmas present*. Also, him saying “the first thing I want a shooter to learn is the shot fake” near the end of the half is the least surprising thing I heard in 2011.
2. This is kind of a random thought, but how much better does our court look these days since they got rid of the faded lanes? The transparent Pete, the orange three-point line, and Eddie’s signature are all great accessories to the nearly-century old maple.
3. Is it bad when I’m surprised that OSU completes a successful fast break? I’m going to go ahead and say that it probably is. Nevertheless, I love seeing this team run and dunk and play hard defense. The crowd wants to carry them in the second half so bad.
4. Brian Williams baby (6 points, 3 boards, and a steal)! He’s one of those guys that just always seems to be in the right place at the right time.
5. Here’s the crowd today courtesy of @vhpatel. Not the greatest we’ve ever seen in GIA, but considering the circumstances (bowl game, NYE, and an inept offense), not that bad. I’m sure the free admission didn’t help at all!
*I didn’t help my wife wrap Christmas presents