Connect with us

Football

Wish List: Four Prospects On Offense at the Top of OSU’s Board

Published

on

The 2019 recruiting class for Oklahoma State is currently a 15-man class, but only six of those commitments are on the offensive side of the ball. As the December signing period inches closer, there are several big names to eye on OSU’s board.

So as we did last week updating OSU’s wish list on defense, we pick things up again today with a look at OSU’s wish list for the offensive side of the ball in the current cycle.

Darwin Barlow | 5-11, 195-pounds | Running back

In the mix: Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Minnesota and TCU are at the top of Barlow’s list. He made an official to Oklahoma State in mid-June, and has maintained all along that the Pokes are in a good spot because of their vision for him in the offense. Right now he’s the only realistic running back option among current offerees still left on the board.

Prediction: It’ll come down to OSU, TCU and LSU. If the Tigers turn up the heat in their pursuit, I think they’ll be the X-factor. But OSU has a legitimate shot, if only because there is a real need to bring in a running back in the cycle and thus far things have been stale in recruiting the position this cycle.

Jadon Jackson | 6-1, 180-pounds | Wide receiver

In the mix: Despite more than 14 scholarship offers, Oklahoma State’s firmly in the mix for this Arkansas native. And maybe in the top five, along with Arkansas, Auburn, Mizzou and Ole Miss. But where in that top five is still unknown. The in-state Razorbacks are the obvious choice, but Ole Miss has picked up some big momentum after an April offer and welcoming him in June for an unofficial.

Prediction: It won’t be OSU. I think this decision comes down to Arkansas or Ole Miss, and because he’s an Arkansas kid, I’ll pick the Hogs.

Langston Anderson | 6-1, 192-pounds | Wide receiver

In the mix: Langston Anderson has 20+ offers, most recently from TCU, Texas, and OSU since the calendar turned to May. He has visited Stillwater in the days that followed, but it’s unclear who his presumptive favorite is. The Pokes are in his top schools though, and he likes OSU’s history of churning out top-end receivers.

Prediction: Baylor is the 75 percent favorite in his crystal ball and Texas makes up for the remaining 25 percent. Still yet, I’ll go off the board and pick OSU as the landing spot … for now. No interviews, please respect my decision.

Peyton Powell | 6-2, 182-pounds | Wide receiver

In the mix: OSU, Ohio State, TCU, OU and Texas Tech all make up Powell’s top grouping. As of last week, the Buckeyes were in the catbird seat. But things have changed drastically since OU got involved with an offer on July 30.

Prediction: OU.

Most Read

Copyright © 2011- 2023 White Maple Media