Good Friday, Spring Game on Saturday, Easter Sunday – lots to look forward to this weekend.
• A massive change in penalties
• Harris, Jr. decision coming today
• NYC is calling Boynton
• One of the biggest reasons for OSU’s underperformance last fall was the most dramatic change in being penalized in the Mike Gundy era.
At 45.5 yards per game, the 2017 Cowboys were the least-penalized of Gundy’s 14 teams.
At 70.5 yards per game, last season’s Cowboys were the most self-destructive.
For storytelling numbers on OSU’s losses to Iowa State, Baylor and TCU last season, start with the penalties.
Gundy’s response: During each of 14 sessions in this spring-practice period, game officials have been present. Sometimes, there’s a full crew. More often, there’s a trio of guys in striped shirts. [TulsaWorld]
When Gundy spoke previously to the Tulsa World, he alluded to a need for him to be more engaged. Being penalized more than any other Gundy team had to be a factor in that decision.
• Recruiting news is coming today – a four-star guard that has OSU in his top three is making his decision today.
After weeks of build up, the world will soon know where Chris Harris Jr. intends to play basketball next season.
Harris, the 129th-ranked player in the 2019 class, will choose his school at 3:20 p.m. Thursday, according to Rivals’ Corey Evans. [PFB]
After losing out on a transfer shooting guard yesterday, Harris would be one heck of a consolation prize.
• There’s no telling if mutual interest has been expressed but some news has leaked around St. Johns basketball coaching opening.
Wednesday became much more interesting as the news came across according to Zach Braziller of the New York Post that St. John’s had spoken with the agent of Oklahoma State head basketball coach Mike Boynton. [GoPokes]
Turning down going home would be tough but I’m not sure it’s a better job than OSU.
I like Doug’s idea better.
Billy D is from Long Island… St John’s.. make the call in the morning
— Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) April 17, 2019
• I’m not a huge “Okie State” nickname fan but I’m here for all of the Pistol Pete love.
The list of perfect college gear:
1. Okie State
[many empty slots]
134. Everyone else https://t.co/RaFXEGLsmD
— BUM CHILLUPS (@edsbs) April 17, 2019
• Matthew Wolff and Viktor Hovland sit atop the watchlist for college’s top golfer.
• Neat opportunity for the Cowgirl basketball player:
— Vivian Gray (@vivian_gray_30) April 18, 2019
• This video of a Virginia Tech player scaring other players was pretty good.
Shhh… stay on your toes! Had a little fun with the guys at breakfast yesterday 😎 pic.twitter.com/TtyMMhmWsr
— Justin Fuente (@CoachFuente) April 17, 2019
• A perfect article as you plan your summer vacation – the best hike in every state
• Make things better by making better things
• I appreciated this faith-based video on Christian mentoring – the concept is helpful in any faith but this looks at the Christian context