• OSU logo news
• Cunningham’s timeline for committing
• Odds in favor of the Pokes?
• Yesterday OSU announced there would only be one logo used for OSU moving forward.
This logo is widely recognized and associated regionally, nationally and internationally with Oklahoma State University, and provides the opportunity to educate, motivate and inspire wherever our brand appears. Used consistently, one logo unifies our identity and communications as we continue to tell the OSU story. [Brand.Okstate.edu]
I don’t think this will impact the logos you see for sports (Pistol Pete, the brand) but appears to be ruling out the large “O” with OSU spelled out across it.
• Based on some recent comments by Cade Cunningham, Kyle Boone guesses at a timeline for Cunningham committing to his college of choice.
Taking a stab at when a commitment will come based on Cunningham’s comments — before the final signing period and early enough to recruit for the team of his choosing — I expect it could come sometime this fall. The early signing period is in mid-November, and the final period starts in April 2020 and runs through mid-May. [PFB]
• For a Cowboy Football team that lost a lot of close games late last year, even marginal improvement (with a new cast) could be enough.
Seven of the Cowboys’ final eight games last season were decided by a touchdown or less, a product of a defense that struggled throughout. If the Cowboys are better on that side of the ball and find a rhythm with their new quarterback, perhaps they’ll head into Bedlam with a conference title game opportunity on the line. [247 Sports]
Looking at the ideal scenario, I do think Big 12 title would be the perfect storm for this team.
• This comment about how underrated the Oregon State receivers are was interesting – could we be headed towards a Texas Tech/OSU type of game?
We're now just 1 month away from being able to say 'there's football this month' – and with that… what is the most underrated unit in college football heading into 2019?
To me, it's Oregon State's pass-catching unit.
— Cam Mellor (@PFF_Cam) July 1, 2019
• Really liked this faith-based read on “belonging” and how it fits into our culture
• If you’re familiar with the idea of being “canceled”, this humor column noting the obituaries of those having done so was pretty funny
– My understanding of the concept is when you put something online either embarrassing or inappropriate and you drowned in the negative responses
• I understand Tramel’s logic here but it’s hard to be content with the Thunder (potentially) standing pat while Utah, Portland, and New Orleans got better