T. Boone Pickens did an interview with the Dallas Morning News – he really has a larger than life personality. A fun bit in there about a conversation with Holder about the 3-6 record in conference play.
• How Wolff got his swing
• Big 12 revenue numbers are in
• How OSU can close Allie P. on top
• How did Cowboy Matthew Wolff, one of the top amateurs in golf, land his unusual swing?
“I broke my collarbone sophomore year of high school. When I came back … my coach George (Gankas), my swing coach, kind of said, ‘Your shoulder is aimed really far to the right.’ If I aimed my shoulders more left, I’d be aiming left and I’d miss it left. I would just hit it miles left. (He said,) ‘Well, you need to find a way to open your shoulders up at address and at impact.’
“I kind of mimicked my impact position before I swung. It kind of started off as a drill, and then all of a sudden, I just really liked it. [NewsOK]
• Big 12 revenue numbers came back last week – a “hefty bump from FY 2016”.
Overall, the Big 12’s total revenue figure of $373.9 million is just a slight bump up from the $371 million reported the year prior but a hefty increase on the reported $313 million from FY2016. [NBC Sports]
• For Holliday’s Pokes to sneak in with a Big 12 title and a fighting chance at hosting a regional, here’s what they’ve gotta do:
Up next, the Cowboys host Baylor in what will be the final series in Allie P. Reynolds Stadium’s history next weekend. The Cowboys still have a shot at claiming a Big 12 championship on the regular season’s final day, but they need some help.
OSU is in third for the time being, but if the Pokes could sweep first-place Baylor and if TCU sweeps second-place Texas Tech that weekend, the Cowboys would celebrate as conference champions on Allie P.’s final day of Big 12 play. [PFB]
• Here’s some Justice Hill talk (and film) you’ll enjoy
"They've got battering rams in Ingram and Edwards. Justice Hill will be the home run hitter. He's the fireworks show. He can be the gamebreaker and do-everything guy. I can't wait to see how Greg Roman uses him."@PSchrags on @Ravens 4th-rd pick, RB @jhill21_ from @CowboyFB. pic.twitter.com/ip4XIzFvrz
— GMFB (@gmfb) May 13, 2019
• Fun story from an OKC news station on a mother/daughter graduation story in Stillwater
• Learn about Cowgirl Softball’s budding star
• Kahneman breaks down happiness versus satisfaction
• Seven reasons why Tiger could win the PGA Championship this weekend
• The John Beilein-to-Cleveland Cavs hire caught most off guard