It’s too early for this (not even summer!) but I’m already reading college football week one pieces.
• Looking at the new QB
• Pokes surge through Louisville Regional
• Baseball’s Big 12 title chances
• Gundy landed his next quarterback – a four-star flamethrower from northern California.
This is the highest-rated quarterback to commit to Oklahoma State since Reid back in 2003. (Shane) Illingworth is 6-6, 225 pounds and has a really strong and accurate arm to go with that large frame.
Besides Louisville and Arkansas, he had offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Boston College, Colorado, Oregon State, San Jose State, and Washington State. He was also being recruited by the likes of USC, UCLA, Cal, and Notre Dame. [GoPokes]
When Spencer Sanders goes pro in two years, somebody has to take over, right?
— Shane Illingworth (@shane_wayne0411) January 17, 2019
• The Pokes blew the doors off of the Louisville Regional yesterday and are surging into the national championships starting a week from Friday.
(T)hey got it with a 7-under 277. That was good enough to get to 14 under on the week and beat Auburn (-10) by four strokes after trailing the Tigers by eight going into the final 18 holes. [PFB]
No lead is safe competing against the Pokes in stroke play.
— Oklahoma State Golf (@OSUCowboyGolf) May 15, 2019
• For those keeping track of OSU’s baseball title chances – here’s where they stand in relation to the two teams above them.
The Cowboys are 2½ games behind first-place Baylor and 2 games behind second-place Texas Tech entering the final weekend. Texas Tech plays three games against visiting TCU this weekend. [TulsaWorld]
• Fun story about how OSU softball coach Kenny Gajewski found one of his best players.
• Stillwater is the best.
📍 The spot. pic.twitter.com/k4fqzeVLmh
— Cowboy Football (@CowboyFB) May 15, 2019
• Love the idea of this trend – throwing more dinner parties
• What the Pelicans will look like with Zion Williamson – love that lottery reform could finally prevent some tanking
• The difference between a home and work-self
• Great faith-based article encouraging deeper friend relationships between men