The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• Mike Gundy says Spencer Sanders got “booted” (walking boot), to be evaluated on Wednesday
• Details around the OSU/KU football game released
• Enjoyed this new piece from Boone (“Believe it or Not”) – love the optimism around Illingworth and LD Brown
Only rebuttal: I don’t think the offensive line looks much better against the Stills’ brothers from WV this week…
• Not to get too high on the freshman QB but there was a notable shift in the “feel” of the game when he came in… an O’Colly writer put it well here:
…The main thing keeping the fans in the game was the stellar OSU defense, but that all changed once again when Shane Illingworth took over at quarterback.
Immediately, when Illingworth came in, the crowd cheered louder than it had all game, and that continued through the touchdown drive that Illingworth led. The momentum had shifted and the crowd was back in it. [O’Colly]
It was shades of the way the Cowboy offense sparked when Mason Rudolph came in 2014, heavy emphasis on the term “shades”. There’s just a way the Cowboy offense lights up with a pocket passer who can hit at the different three levels.
• Pokes landed a linebacker commitment for 2022 class yesterday
• Hated to hear this story over the weekend – a bull rider for OSU’s team died in a rodeo accident over the weekend
• Great shot of Vincent Taylor getting after the No. 1 overall pick here:
• Pokes have to compete against the likes of Dwight Schrute’s folks this week – bonus: check the episode season 5, episode 23
• Deion Sanders (or “Coach Prime” as he prefers) coaching college football sounds like a lot of fun – would love to have had him as a DBs coach in Stillwater
• Be a peacemaker (faith-based)