The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
A very happy eighth anniversary to Mrs. Bullets – I could build a pretty good argument that being married to me should be measured like dog years, can’t thank you enough for saying yes.
• This was the number that stuck out most over the weekend: how the Cowboy defense was just breathing down every backfield players neck.
11: Tackles for loss by a Cowboys defense that pounded West Virginia quarterback Jarret Doege. The Cowboys also had five sacks and nine quarterback hurries.[NewsOK]
• Somehow OSU dropped two spots in the AP poll after beating WV by two scores
• OSU won with an offense as conservative as it’s state voting pattern
• Tulsa World’s Guerin Emig talked about the unique struggle that Saturday was in Stillwater – the act of finding a way to win in a pandemic
• CBS has the Pokes in the Liberty Bowl against an SEC foe
• Cade gets it.
• Would have never guessed Kansas was OSU’s second-most frequent opponent:
• This SI piece on Mike Leach’s offense setting Tiger Stadium on fire was great
• The Athletic’s ($$$) John Hollinger proposed trading (among other pieces) CP3->Ben Simmons… No way it happens but super fun thought.
• 300 words on how the Old Testament sacrifices symbolize things was v. good (faith-based)