The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• How many football games does OSU need to win to be successful this year?
I think a successful season is probably 8-2. Go 7-2 in the Big 12 and beat Tulsa. Sounds so easy! Last year, 7-2 in the Big 12 did not get you into the Big 12 title game, but in the two previous years, it did. So based on the data we have, you have a 66 percent chance of playing for a conference title if you go 7-2 in conference. Again, the only goal starting out the season should be to play for a conference crown. [PFB]
Something kind of bizarre is if you squint your eyes and read anything about total expectations of wins, an OSU website, a Texas Longhorns website, and mayyyybe even an Iowa State football website read almost exactly alike.
• Recapping episode four of the OSU Football documentary on ESPN+
• You know what they say about statistics… But this Bill Haisten piece on some unrest around athletic department revenue sounds valid.
Today, 40% of the OSU athletic department’s operating budget — believed to be about $85 million — is generated from the sale of football tickets and suites. [TulsaWorld]
• Look out SEC, Tre Sterling says the Pokes are ready to play stereotype-breaking defense
• Projected depth chart (not official) on what the Cowboys could look like this fall
• Breaking (not really): few teams were better than the Pokes over the last ten years
Liked this quote from a newsletter – Poet Lucille Clifton on emphasizing joy over status:
“One should wish to celebrate more than one wishes to be celebrated.”