• UMass transfer winds up in Stillwater
• Gundy landed a Tulsa safety
• Over/under on 2019 football
• Most Viewed (No. 1): Boynton Landed a Grad Transfer from UMass
Jonathan Laurent will be a great backup power forward for this team – a stretch four. At worst, the UMass transfer will be a tremendous bridge between the start of the season and when a Boone twin develops enough to hold down the fort while Cam McGriff or Yor Anei rest.
• Most Viewed (No. 2): Gundy Landed a Safety from Tulsa
When you play three safeties in your defense, it’s imperative to land multiple capable bodies to fill the depth chart. Zach Middleton appears to be just that – a ballhawking, sure tackling defensive back.
It could just be the Tulsa area connection but Middleton seems like a safety version of Dillon Stone for the above reasons.
• Most Viewed (No. 3): Over/Under on Cowboy Football 2019 Set at Six
This was super interesting to me – setting the line at six games would likely get tons of action taking the over. But how pessimistic would you have to be to bet low on Gundy’s Pokes?
It’s hard to imagine what would have to go wrong for a six-win season: all QB options have to flail in the wind, Chuba Hubbard would have declared early for the draft and the defense would have to do their best Texas Tech impersonation.
• Most Viewed (No. 4): Projecting Cowboy Basketball’s 2019 Starting Five
It’s pretty easy to find a consensus that Cam McGriff and Yor Anei will man the frontcourt and Lindy Waters will take a spot on the wing. Isaac Likekele will probably run the reps from the point guard spot but where cream rises to the top in this glut of wings is hard to project. Marcus Watson seems most likely but that’s just recruiting rankings talking.
The biggest story here is that the starting five will have enough of a bench to have a full scrimmage in practice (without an impromptu walkon tryout).
• Most Viewed (No. 5): LC Greenwood talks Linebacker Change
Greenwood to linebacker and Larry Joubert to Cowboy Back have been two of the more odd position changes from a body type-perspective. With one being tall at 6’3″ (Greenwood) and the other being hefty in Joubert (listed at 285), the transition could be a bit clunky.
With that being said – I’m not sure why Greenwood wouldn’t head towards defensive end. His frame and burst could certainly be put to good use.
• Markel Brown getting some run in Boogie Cousins’ tournament.
— Team Loyalty Is Love (@TeamLoyaltyTBT) May 9, 2019
• The big business of loneliness
• Comparing the lifespans of ancient civilizations