Connect with us

Football

Looking Back at the 2019 Oklahoma State Football Fan Survey

How good were O-Staters at picking the 2019 year?

Published

on

We looked back at my predictions earlier this week so now it’s time to look back at yours. I pulled the 2019 fan survey results to see how good OSU’s fans were at predicting what was going to happen over the past year. Let’s take a look.

• Here’s OKC Dave on total wins.

OSU fans believe this team will win 8.1 regular season games this season. This is exactly what fans predicted last season. Vegas has the over/under at 7.5 wins this season. Nothing wrong with being a little optimistic.

Impressive. It’s the closest fans have come to calling their shot since Dave started the survey, slightly better than in 2009 when they predicted 9.2 and OSU went 9-3.

• Strangely, fans also (sort of) saw the Texas Tech loss coming. Here’s a look at confidence level of winning each game on OSU’s slate. The “worst” call here was Baylor — which nobody saw coming — and the best was Tech (which 40 percent of you somehow saw coming!). Also, those Ames scars are deep.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 11.19.55 AM.png

• This one is tough as 93 percent of you were disappointed, and the other 7 percent were lying.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 11.21.47 AM.png

• Here’s a look at the final Big 12 standings compared to what OSU fans predicted. Pretty close other than Kansas State (STILL!) being underrated. If you slide Baylor into the No. 2 slot and bump everyone else down though, it’s a pretty good comp.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 11.26.17 AM.png

• This one hasn’t been fully revealed yet, but I would imagine 17 percent of folks end up being right.

17% of fans voted that OSU would finish the season unranked. The predicted final poll number is exactly the same as last year (18.6).

• Here’s a fun one. OSU fans expected OSU’s offense to be …

Much better than last year: 13%
Better than last year: 65%
The same as last year: 19%
Worse than last year: 2%
Much worse than last year: 0%

OSU points per drive in 2018: 2.8
OSU points per drive in 2019: 2.5

I think it was (at best) the same as last year and probably more like something between worse than last year and the same as last year. Some of that obviously had to do with injury issues.

• Now to the defense.

Much better than last year: 10%
Better than last year: 61%
The same as last year: 24%
Worse than last year: 5%
Much worse than last year: 1%

OSU points per drive in 2018: 2.6
OSU points per drive in 2019: 2.2

I think it was better than last year. I’m not willing to say it was much better than last year. Mostly because I watched the Texas Tech game.

• Not football-related, but this is tough to look at.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 1.53.20 PM.png

• Congrats on calling this! I whiffed badly.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 1.53.45 PMScreen Shot 2020-01-08 at 1.53.54 PM

• Last one (we all whiffed on it). Five of five. Fully subscribed.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 1.54.16 PM.png

Most Read