Thanks for stopping by – here’s your daily dose of Oklahoma State sports news.
Wrestling: Minnesota 18, OSU 15
• The Pokes are headed out west to a familiar destination against a completely unfamiliar Big Ten opponent
– Five thoughts on the matchup with the Badgers
– Five things to know about Wisconsin
– Everything Mike Gundy had to say after the announcement
• Cowboy Wrestling lost a tough one against a Big Ten foe in GIA yesterday
• Couple of Wisconsin updates (OSU’s bowl opponent) – new head coach Luke Fickell appears to be coaching the bowl game and
• CFP expansion is massive news for the Cowboys – it’ll probably be tough for a Big 12 team to land one of the at-large bids but anything that gives two teams in the league a shot at the title is massive.
Just think about the injustice corrected:
The four-team Playoff boxes out a ridiculous number of competitors by numbers alone. It’s so absurd that we celebrate USC potentially getting in Sunday like we celebrated Michigan getting in last year.[TulsaWorld]
• Read here about the next great Aussie punter heading to Stillwater
• Season ticket holders can put in requests for the bowl game by tomorrow at 5:30pm
• Deion Sanders taking the job at a sleepy Colorado program and creating excitement within hours is incredible and a picture of CFB in the age of NIL
• Love this take:
“Some things are a job, others are a craft. The primary difference is not the task, but the enthusiasm and curiosity put into the task. The more engaged and interested you are, the more it becomes a craft.”James Clear
• Not a bad plan.