The Daily Bullets are brought to you by Hoboken Coffee: Get 20% off your first order.
• This prediction about Mike Gundy’s staff is likely dead-on and something that doesn’t seem ideal after an underperforming season.
But this season, for the first time in a long time, it feels like Gundy may be able to stick with what he’s got.
If I’m wrong here, it’s not because of a firing. It’s because someone gets swiped away.[CRFF]
• If the Pokes get down tonight, the key will be avoiding a long stretch of… not turning the ball over consistently.
Then the turnover spree began. (Isaac) Likekele tried backing into the post with the ball, but it was poked away. OSU’s next possession wasn’t a turnover, but Likekele threw a 40-foot pass to seldom-used freshman Donovan Williams, who missed a wild layup[NewsOK]
• Here’s a list of all of college football’s award winners – it’s still surprising that Chuba Hubbard and Tylan Wallace returned and neither received one
• Mike Yurcich has been hired at Penn State – and he may be the assistant coach I miss the most.
“We are excited to have Mike join our staff,” said (Penn St. head coach James) Franklin in a statement from Penn State. “He is an impressive offensive mind and talented play caller who has set records everywhere he has been as an offensive coordinator. I look forward to seeing what he can do with all of the offensive weapons we have here at Penn State.[PFB]
• Tonight when the Pokes take on the Wildcats, they’ll have a chance to correct their Big Monday error:
“Woulda coulda shoulda,” OSU coach Mike Boynton said. “Should have won the game. No two ways about it. Played well enough for 32 minutes … and to be clearly the better team tonight. I hope the one thing our guys take away, you gotta finish. It’s a 40-minute game.”[NewsOK]
• If you could hire back Mike Yurcich… you would right?
Most Viewed of the Week
• No. 1: Jim Knowles talked with Illinois
• No. 2: Landon Wolf entered the portal
• No. 3: Five Thoughts on the Tech win
• No. 4: OSU put out a ton of offers
Solid advice I’ll be applying over the weekend:
“Maturity is learning how to start when you feel like procrastinating and learning how to listen when you feel like talking.”James Clear